To all of our delight, the specs of the next generation of Snapdragon processors are here.
Specs: More Than Snappy
The soon-to-be models are the MSM8270, MSM8930, MSM8960, and APQ8064. All of these are based on Qualcomm's impressive Krait CPU architecture.
- 28 nanometers and speeds of up to 2.5 GHz, which will of course be dual-core
- 23 percent more computing power
- 47 percent less power consumption than the Cortex A15 If you want to compare it to the current iteration of Snapdragon processors (think the EVO 3D), we're talking
- about five times the processing power and four times the high-end graphical processing for "console quality gaming."
- 1080p and 3D video, handled easily
- 7.1 Dolby Surround integration
- support for up to a 20 megapixel camera
This is just the bread and butter. Stay tuned for more news and leaks. Phones and Tablets using this processor are going to start coming next year. Lets just hope time flies by fast till then. Who doesn't want to get this?