HTC EVO View Getting Wi-Fi Only Model, Were you too busy tasting the Gingerbread?
Some top news right now is that the HTC EVO 4G and the HTC Thunderbolt smartphones will get the official Android software update to Android OS 2.3 (Gingerbread) by the end of the Second Quarter of this year. But what wasn't noticed as much is the Wi-Fi only version of the HTC EVO View tablet is going to start racking up the shelves at Best Buy stores. This is all the info that is available right now, no word on the official release date or pricing... yet. So now you don't have to get off your non-Sprint carrier just to get the EVO View. Verizon has no current intention of offering this tablet (released as the HTC Flyer) according to the HTC rep.
Here are the specs for the EVO View (thanks Buzz Gadgets)
HTC EVO View Wi-Fi Only Specs
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor
- Dimensions: 7.7 inches (195.4 mm) x 4.4 inches (112.5 mm) x 0.5 inches (13.2 mm)
- Weight: 14.88 ounces (421.84 grams)
- Display: 7-inch (177.8 mm), 1024 x 600 touchscreen display with pinch-to-zoom
- 32 GB internal memory, 1 GB RAM; microSD slot (supports up to 32 GB memory card)
- Dual cameras - a 5.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-
facing 1.3 megapixel camera
- Media player with 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
- Stereo Bluetooth 3.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
EVO View, Flyer, Potato, Potahto
What would you prefer? The EVO View Wi-Fi? Or would you wait this summer and get the EVO View 4G (model shown above) at Sprint and take advantage of its 4G speeds, and mobile hotspot for up to 8 devices? Or would prefer another tablet?
Throw us your comments below.