Motorola DROID Pro Gets a Software Update, but no Gingerbread Love
The Motorola Droid Pro is Moto’s strategy to pull the BlackBerry-toting users to our side of the playing field. It has a very, very similar look to the standard BlackBerry, but the touchscreen and greatness of Android OS. I think the phone did a fairly good job bringing some of the more dated users to our side, further crushing RIM into eventual history.
Motorola is still showing off their love of the device with an OTA update. While the update brings a lot of useful bug fixes and enhancements, it doesn’t bring Android OS 2.3 (Gingerbread) just yet. This device is too new to miss the Gingerbread boat in my opinion, so I’m sure it’s got it coming as well. Check out the official list of enhancements from Motorola below.
Any former BlackBerry users reading this? If so, let us know in the comments what about Android brought you to our team!
Software Update for the DROID Pro by Motorola
We are pleased to announce the new software update for DROID 2 Pro by Motorola. The software update by Motorola (Version.2.26.60.XT610.Verizon.en.US) includes numerous enhancements. Upgrade today for peak performance.
For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at www.motorola.com/mydroidpro.
Who Can Use This Release
ALL Motorola DROID Pro users.
After downloading and installing the software release, you will notice:
- Improved audio on voice calls.
- Improved stability and performance.
- User interface display now refreshes when user switches from GSM/UMTS communication to Global Mode.
- Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
- Global Mode no longer resets when connecting to a USB charger.
- Visual Voice Mail now detects airplane mode while Wi-Fi is active.
- Prompt return to full screen brightness after wake-up.
- Upgraded Bluetooth firmware.
- Improved interoperability with Microsoft Internet Application Gateway (IAG) configurations.
- Device string format for Exchange changed to include device name and version number.
- Upgrade to Google applications Release 7.
- Improved audio during voice calls.
- Reduced user interface lock-ups.
For instructions on how to perform the download, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/droidprosupport.
There is no charge for this update other than the usual data connection charges. Subject to change without notice.
If you have difficulty with this update, visit us at www.motorola.com/mydroidpro or www.motorola.com/support or to get help from other owners on our online community at https:supportforums.motorola.com.
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Specific functionality and features with each software version of Android may vary. Contact your service provider for details.MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. All other trademark and product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2010 Motorola. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.