Again from Mobilesyrup.com comes another Rogers rumor, this time about the upcoming LG Optimus 3D. Timing on this release is rumored to be back-to-school season so if you can wait 6 months this is going to be a great device to own. This is an absolute beast of a phone, as noted in the Androidheadlines.com first look.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
LG Optimus 3D Specs:
- 1GHz Dual-Core Dual-Channel Texas Instruments processor OMAP4
- Glasses-free 3D 4.3-inch WVGA (800 — 480) touch screen display
- 8GB of memory and 4GB of DDR2 memory LP
- 5MP dual-lens camera
- 3D: 720p recording and playback H.264 SEI
- 2D: MPEG-4/H.264 1080p recording and playback
- HSPA +,
- HDMI 1.4 ports
- Supports video formats: H.264, H.263, DivX, MKV, WMV-9, ASF, AVI, 3GP, MP4
- Google’s Android operating system 2.2 Froyo
- 1.500 mAh battery
The Optimus 3D shoots and plays back 3D video, has a dual core chip, 4GB of DDR2 RAM and a 4.3 WVGA screen, yet ships with a 1,500 mAh. Combine the hardware with the fact that this phone scored nearly 3,000 on the Quadrant benchmark and I’m sure a higher capacity battery will be available as an option.
The article mentions it will ship with Android 2.2 but be upgraded to Gingerbread at a later date. I’ll be stunned if the Optimus 3D is shipped with Froyo in August or September.