Comcast XFinity: New Features, New Capabilities for Your Android Device
If you're looking to record some of your favorite TV, say if you are running late and know you won't get home in time, this nifty little app called XFinity TV by Comcast might be what you're after. You may already have their current application but their new offering does that little bit more. With the new one that has dropped in to the Android Market, you can, in their own words:
Find what to watch using a few taps with Comcast XFinity:
- Browse TV listings customized to your area
- Browse an On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search TV listings and On Demand for any show or movie
- Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and much more
Comcast XFinity Controls your TV and DVR:
- Conveniently change channels right from the app
- Tune directly to On Demand programs to watch on your TV
- Schedule DVR recordings of your favorite shows, series, and movies
But Read this Before Installing Comcast XFinity
Before you rush off and download it there a few things you need to be made aware of. If you are the proud owner of a Samsung S or anything sporting Android 2.3 it won't work.
You will also have to have a compatible set top box which you can find more info on here. If you want the Comcast XFinity app, pick it up from the Android Market now.