Here’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for, Best Buy’s pre-order Motorola XOOM page has just gone live! By now we’re all aware of the high sticker price, but I’m sure Motorola feels you’ll want it so bad, you’ll fork over the $799.
Motorola Mobility CEO Sanjay Jha points out that with 3G/4G connectivity it’s worth the price compared to the Apple iPad’s 3G/Wi-Fi connectivity, and lower price of $729. I’m sure you’ll want a few accessories, here’s what’s available at Best Buy:
- XOOM Portfolio Case $39.99
- XOOM Tablet Dock $49.99
- XOOM HD Speaker Dock $129.99
- XOOM Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard $69.99
* All are manufactured by Motorola.
- 10.1 Inch Touchscreen (1280×800)
- 1 GHz Dual-Core Tegra 2 Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 5 Megapixel Rear-Facing Camera (HD recording capability)
- 2 Megapixel Front-Facing Camera (video chat)
- 32 GB On-board Storage
- MicroSD Expansion (up to 32 GB)
- Bluetooth/Wi-Fi (b/g/n)/GPS/DLNA/HDMI Out
*To unlock Wi-Fi access you must purchase at least one month of data
To go along with all this awesome hardware, it will run Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS, especially formulated for tablets. If you missed the Android Event on Feb. 2/2011 about Honeycomb, you’ll want to view the following video. Be sure to have plenty of time to watch, it’s almost one hour.