We all know that Nexus One owners are still waiting for Android OS 2.3 (Gingerbread) but if you are tired of waiting and are tech-savvy, then manually install the update and follow these instructions:
- Download Nexus One update here
- Rename the file to update.zip making sure that you are not adding an extra “.zip” in there.
- Connect your phone to the computer and transfer the file to the root of the phone.
- Turn your phone off and Reboot by holding down Power button and Volume down button.
- You should see the three Androids on skateboards. Using the Volume keys, select Recovery and press the Power button.
- In order to get past the Recovery menu you need to press Power and Volume Up at the same time. Try several times if needed.
- Use the scroll ball to select “Apply sdcard:update.zip” and reboot after it is finished downloading.
You have now installed Android 2.3.3! Enjoy!