We previously leaked dates and prices of Verizon's HTC Thunderbolt and no we have the unboxing. You can see from the video above that there is now official retail packaging for the device but this type of packaging is usual for a HTC review unit. These review units are usually released a few weeks before an official launch, so it looks like we're right on target for that February 24th date leaked earlier.
We have already announced specs of this device but just to give you an overview, HTC Thunderbolt will rock:
- 4G LTE - download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G areas
- 4.3-inch WVGA display
- Mobile Hotspot capability - share 4G connection with up to 8 Wi-Fi devices
- Android 2.2
- 32GB microSD card included
- 8 GB internal storage
- HTC Sense 2.0 with new features, including Fast Boot
- Built-in kickstand for easy media viewing
- Dolby and SRS surround sound
- Fully integrated Skype mobile experience
- 720p HD video recording
- DLNA streaming multimedia support
- Ability to use voice and data over 4G simultaneously
With all of these features will this be top choice for Verizon customers? Even against the Apple iphone set to release days before? The decision is yours.