The 'Worlds Most Powerful Smartphone' could sure use some World Class accessories to go along with it. We previously reported that the laptop dock would probably run around $150, and now I'm hearing the HD multimedia dock could be only $59. Since each dock can be set to know exactly what you want of it, why not get 2 or 3 at that price for each room. One could be an alarm clock, one a digital image viewer, and another your music player.
The Motorola Atrix 4G HD dock is being offered at a fair price considering all it will do. The HDMI port to watch full HD playback on a large screen sounds great to me. Remember, you must purchase the HDMI cable separately, and they can be pricey. The HD dock also has 3 USB ports, and even comes with a wireless remote control for the media center app.
There's also a standard dock available for $49, but you'll be missing all the fun just for saving $10. It sounds like a lot of extra fun for only $10, which I don't think I would pass up.
We're hoping to see the Atrix 4G available for purchase by the end of February. The phone is expected to cost $149 on new 2-year contract, which is very reasonable for this caliber of a smartphone. It's great since you'll want to purchase the docks as well.
Features of the HD multimedia dock include:
- Intelligent IC chip inside recognizes a full battery
- Automatically switches to a saver mode to prevent overcharging and short circuit
- Phone can still be used during charging
- Compact, lightweight and stylish
- The desktop charger allows docking and charging
- It also allows you to connect to a PC or laptop for USB charging and data synchronization all from this compact little station
- Listen to music, see photos or watch HD videos using a standard HDMI cable (sold separately)
- In desktop-only mode, listen to your music or use as a digital picture frame while charging your Motorola ATRIX 4G
Look for the HD Multimedia Dock to debut around $59.
Via: Android and Me