Is your Android device rooted yet?
If so, you can now install Android 3.0 Honeycomb Music Player, Android 2.3 Gingerbread Launcher, Keyboard and Live Wallpapers on your Android 2.2 Froyo device. Wait no longer, here's all the instructions you need to get started.
*Again, before starting your device must be rooted.* **Gingerbread Launcher can be installed on a non-rooted device**
We'll start with the Android 3.0 Honeycomb Music Player install on your Android 2.2 Froyo or Android 2.3 Gingerbread device.
Android Honeycomb Music Player APK
1. Download Android 3.0 Honeycomb Music Player APK app. (Still under development)
2. Copy the downloaded file com.google.android.music-1.apk to the external SD card of your Android device.
3. On your Android device of choice, go to Applicationsâ€"> Settings -> Applicationsâ€"> Turn ON "Unknown sources"
4. Now install any APK installer or File manager. We are using all-in-one file manager "Super Manager" by Gpc. It is available in Android Market for free.
5. Launch Super Manager, then File Explorer, then external_sd.
6. The Honeycomb APK that you just downloaded and copied onto the external SD card will be listed as "Music." Give it a quick tap, and install that badboy!
7. After installation is complete, launch "Music" and enjoy the all-new Honeycomb music player on your android device. Enjoy it! It's beautiful, but not perfect. Remember, it's still in development.
Gingerbread Launcher on Android 2.2 Froyo
Again, no need to have a rooted device to install this app. Once the app is installed you will lose all icons and you'll start from a blank screen. This runs great on the Motorola Droid, and Samsung Galaxy S (both tested). No problems getting the old launcher back if you decide against using this one. Just uninstall the app, and your home-screen will be returned to your old one, and icons will be there as well.
Use the above QR Code or this link to install. It is also available in the Android Market.
Gingerbread Keyboard on Android Froyo 2.2
The Keyboard is fantastic and one of the things I like most in Gingerbread. This keyboard features multi-touch, its fast and looks great! Typing is much easier and more accurate, because the keys are further apart. Just look at the keyboard images above to see the difference.
Gingerbread Live Wallpapers on Android 2.2
Google has released the Software Development Kit (SDK) for Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Android 2.2 Froyo already had Live Wallpapers, but some new and enhanced ones are now available.
To install the Live Wallpaper of Android 2.3 on your Android 2.2 device you must have root access. You can use the above QR Code or link below to download.
1. Download Nexus S LiveWallpapers.apk and copy it to SD Card.
2. Use any File Explorer in android and go to /system/app
3. Backup livewallpapers.apk
4. Now copy download Nexus S live wallpaper livewallpapers.apk from SD Card to /system/app folder.
5. Reboot your device.
That's it. Now you can choose the new Nexus S live Wallpaper!
Enjoy the new features!
Via: Android Authority