Video: EXPLODING!! Motorola Droid 2 Sends Man to ER

A man from Texas now knows the full power of Android, after his own Motorola Droid 2 exploded while in use. The "victim" apparently was using his brand new Moto Droid 2 from Verizon and was about to end a call when he heard a loud "pop" . When he realized there was blood dripping down his face, he began to understand what could have happened, saying "Once I got to the mirror and saw it, it was only then I kind of looked at my phone and realized that the screen had appeared to burst outward". After a trip to the emergency room and four stitches, the unlucky Android user is safely back home.

The man is uninsured, and does plan on seeking some form of compensation from Motorola and Verizon, one of whom have actually responded. Motorola released an official statement in response to the accident to reassure its customers that they would investigate, saying:

"Motorola's priority is, and always has been the safety of our customers, and all Motorola products are designed, manufactured and tested to meet or exceed international and local standards for consumer safety. We will reach out to the consumer and investigate this thoroughly."

By the way, the man's phone still works fine, although he might want to get a new one. As for the possibility of exploding cell phones, there have been a few actual cases and plenty of rumors over the years, most determined to be the result of malfunctioning batteries. So next time your battery starts to get a little too hot maybe you should put the phone down in a safe spot and back away real slow. Be careful out there Android lovers.

Sources: AndroidCommunity , WFAA

Copyright ©2019 Android Headlines. All Rights Reserved
This post may contain affiliate links. See our privacy policy for more information.
You May Like These
More Like This:
About the Author
Android Headlines We Are Hiring Apply Now