Another device has received some Gingerbread love and it's the one that started the madness: the OG Motorola Droid. It has multiple ROMs available and people are impressed by the performance they are receiving. There are options that include Google Apps and some without.
As always, remember that modding your phone could lead to bricking it, so don't proceed unless you know what you're doing.
Download: neubanks89 (without GApps): gingerbread_sholes.zip |
Download: steinman (nandroid w/ GApps): Gingerbread-4-OG-Droid.zip
Instructions: (2 sets)
*Original Droid ONLY.
1. Download the neubanks89 file from above and drop it on your SD card.
2. Boot your phone into recovery, make a backup, wipe data (factory reset) and then "install from zip."
1. Download the steinman nandroid file from above and unzip the folder onto your SD card.
2. Move folder to /clockwork/backup.
3. Boot into recovery and make a backup of current set up.
4. Wipe data (factory reset) and then go to "backups and restore" and "restore."
5. Choose the steinman nandroid folder and restore it.
Let us know what you think! Is the OG capable of running Gingerbread?
Source: Droid - Life