A new Version 3.0.0 of Moto Blur has been leaked for the Droid 2. It appears this version comes with all of the updates that the Droid Pro came with, including the profile selection ability and new launcher. This version is definately an improvement to Blur overall and it is running smoother than ever. Hopefully this update makes its way to the Droid X as soon as possible, updating the entire lineup. Download it and try it out: Instructions are below. Be sure to comment your results.
*BIG Warning* - There is no guarantee that this is the version Verizon will push to all Droid 2 devices. What does that mean? That if you update to this, the steps to get you back on the official update track aren't always super simple. Just understand that you are doing this with some risk involved and we will expect that none of you will throw a fit if the official update changes and you have no easy way to update to it. You've been warned, peeps.
*Droid 2 ONLY.
1. You have to be rooted. (Instructions)
2. You will have to bootstrap your recovery using the Droid 2 Bootstrapper.
3. From there, you'll drop the file from above on your SD card.
4. Bootstrap your recovery and then reboot into it.
5. Once your phone boots to Clockwork Recovery, scroll down to "backup and restore."
6. Choose "backup" to make a clean backup of your phone.
7. When that finishes choose "install zip from SD card."
8. Then "choose zip from SD card" and find the D2_300.zip , select it and hit "yes."
9. Your phone will apply the update. When it finishes, reboot and enjoy!
Important Update: Apparently the 2.3.20 SBF file will work if you run into any issues with 3.0.0. It will also work if the 3.0.0 build ends up not being official and you need to get back to 2.3.20. Download it here.
Again, big thanks to MyDroidWorld for both the 3.0.0 leak and the 2.3.20 SBF. Support thread and donate link can be found here.