PapayaMobile, the guys behind Papaya Farm, that Farmville like game in the Android market, announced the launch of an easy to use game engine for developers. It is described as "A free, Open GL run-time script game engine that is a user-friendly, straightforward way to develop games and reach Papaya's 4 million global users via viral marketing and cross promotion." This is available for free from PapayaMobiles website, along with a tutorial to help any developer along the way.
The Papaya Game Engine is :
- A one-stop destination for developers who want to make cool Android games without having to learn the complexities of the Android API or wade through the fragmented Android market
- The first run time script engine written in C on Android with performance significantly faster than other Java based game engines
- A way for developers to write complicated, high quality Android social games using Python or Flash like script language
- A platform that allows for release and regular update of games directly through Papaya's network, so users never have to download new apps
- Combined with Papaya's billing system to provide a complete solution for game developers to not only gain exposure, but to instantly monetize and integrate virtual currency, offer-based ads and a comprehensive set of billing channels
- Integrated with Papaya's social features - like challenges, avatars and LBS - to offer deeper user engagement
- Easy to use and master - it takes a programmer five minutes to learn and sophisticated games can be created within one week.
- Papaya's Game Engine offers automatic Android device detection/adaptation and features that make developers' lives easier:
- Compact and lightweight
- Dynamic type and object-oriented
- Native view UI
- Resource caching management
- Python/Actionscript like syntax that is very easy to learn