Verizon just announced its new Motorola CITRUS which they stated would be released during the fourth quarter of 2010. The Motorola CITRUS will feature a 3-inch touch screen with multi-touch. They have yet to release a lot of information on the device but we're assured to know that they will be releasing more information soon. We do know that the phone will have a curvy design and will also include a touch pad on the back which Verizon calls the BACKTRACK. Unfortunately, it will come preloaded with those dreaded Bing services (it's not all that bad unless you're me and hate Bing). On the up-side you will have 7 home screens just to play around with (We know how much you like home screens). Verizon has yet to deem a price for this device but it should be announced close to its release.
VERIZON WIRELESS AND MOTOROLA UNVEIL MOTOROLA CITRUS
Designed Specifically for New Smartphone Users, this Full Touch, Android-Powered Smartphone Comes Compact and Fully Loaded
SAN FRANCISCO - From CTIA Enterprise & Applicationsâ„¢ 2010, Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation's largest and most reliable wireless 3G network, and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today unveiled Motorola CITRUSâ„¢. Powered by Androidâ„¢ 2.1, Motorola CITRUS delivers an affordable, entry-level, customizable smartphone experience in a compact design that is easy on both the eyes and the earth.
Key features and specifications:
· Curved design
· Easy-to-use, on-screen QWERTY keyboard (available in landscape and portrait modes) for quick messaging
· Full HTML Web browser - Preloaded with Bing Search and Bing Maps and delivers a PC-like Web browsing experience with quick access to Web apps and services such as Facebook®; Google services such as Gmailâ„¢, Google Talkâ„¢ and YouTubeâ„¢
· Equipped with BACKTRACKâ„¢, a touch panel located on the back of the device that enables users to navigate and scroll through websites, home screens, e-mails, music and more without obstructing the display
· Full capacitive touch screen display delivers fluid flick, swipe and pinch-to-zoom navigation
· Seven home screen panels that can be tailored with an array of available shortcuts; applications; and pre-loaded widgets such as sticky notes, weather, messages and calendar
· Android Marketâ„¢ - Choose from thousands of downloadable apps, many of which are free
· CITRUS has a housing made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled plastic, is certified CarbonFree® through an alliance with Carbonfund.org, and is PVC and BFR free. The packaging is made from 80 percent post-consumer recycled paper, and the user manual is made using 100 percent recycled paper and soy-based ink.
Pricing and availability:
· Motorola CITRUS will be available at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in Q4 2010.
· For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR'S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of Motorola CITRUS in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 92 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to mobile and wireline digital communication devices that provide compelling experiences, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $22 billion in 2009. For more information, please visit www.motorola.com.