Google Apps has been around offering a stellar enterprise experience for customers for a while now and are growing at an incredible rate. For those of us that are tired of fumbling with your average Exchange accounts, GApps is a welcome transition, taking the everyday user interface you love from Google and moving it into the business sector. Some of the benefits that Google Apps has to offer is astounding to say the least:
1. GApps cost as little as 1/3 the cost of its competitors.
2. GApps offers 50 times more storage than the industry average
3. 99.9% uptime reliability! Virtually no server down time = profit!
4. Synchronous replication: With all of your important information saved on multiple servers at the same time, you won’t be caught in a bad situation if one goes down!
For the latest update, Google has added more security control for administrators including:
1. Two-Step Verification which provides additional security needing an additional code on top of your typical username and password. The codes can be obtained on your Android phone via the free Google Authenticator app, text message, or phone call.
2. Ability for administrators to remotely wipe data from lost or stolen devices
3. Require a device password
4. Set password complexity requirements (how many characters and number requirements)
The only requirements for running this service on your Android device? Android operating system 2.2 or later and an app on the market called “Google Apps Device Policy” which is free. If GApps is new to you and you would like to give it a try you can find a free trial here.