There has been a good number of updates for various Android devices in the recent quarter and now you can add the LG Ally to that list because it didn't want to be left out. The mid-range Android Verizon device started receiving a maintenance update last Friday, around Sept. 17. If you have an ally and your phone hasn't been updated yet don't worry; Users will get the update over the coming weeks as Verizon continues the OTA rollout of the update.
According to a Verizon employee in their forums, this maintenance update will bring these following things:
- Preloaded applications like City ID, Skype,® My Verizon,and Corporate Directory.
- Updated Backup Assistant application.
- Enhanced ability to pair Ally with multiple Bluetooth® devices.
- Improved camera performance.
- Overall enhancement for Microsoft® Exchange email accounts.
- Improved device detection when syncing Ally to a PC via USB cable.
- Operate the Gallery application with improved speed and efficiency.
- Improved Android¿ operating system security.
- Enhanced battery life.
- Improved application responsiveness when opening from home screen.
For more information and step-by-step instructions, check out: Verizon's Ally page