HTC will be holding a press conference in London on September 15th, and the rumor mill is awhirl with speculation what they'll have to say, or announce, or demonstrate.
The talk has included:
- Successor of the HD2 called, natch, the HD3. It's a Windows phone so we don't particularly care, except to note that HTC has gone Android in a big way. So Microsoft must have found a way to encourage them and we can wonder what that would be.
- New version of the Desire (the old one better known as the Nexus One in the USA) called the Desire HD or Desire Ace, and shown in the above photo. Part of the rumor is it will have a body more like the Legend, carved from an impressive block of aluminum. It's a GSM version of the Evo 4G.
- These are not to be confused with the HTC Desire Z which was the Vision which may become the T-Mobile G2. Have you got all that straight?
- There's yet another Google tablet coming (in Chrome rather than Android), and it will be announced here. I seriously doubt that would be the only announcement as all the tablets were shooting for IFA which just ended.
Look what other press announcements are flanking this one as summer comes to an end:
- On the 14th, LG has something with the Optimus name for us
- On the 16th, Samsung is making an announcement about the Galaxy S in New York.