Have you bought an Epic 4G phone? Are you someone who hates any kind of skins on his Android, and you prefer it the way it is? Well, you’re in luck, because there is a way to disable the TouchWiz skin on your Epic 4G, and it will work on the upcoming Fascinate, as well. If you want to learn how to do it, just follow the instructions below:
This process works on TouchWiz 2.5 devices. It will work on the stock Samsung Epic 4G for Sprint or Samsung Fascinate for Verizon, but it will not work on the Samsung Captivate for AT&T or the Samsung Vibrant for T-Mobile.
- Head over to the Settings application. (Press “Menu” button, Click “Settings”)
- Scroll down and click “Applications”
- Click on the “Manage Applications” button
- Press the “Menu” button, click “Filter”
- Press “All”
- Scroll almost all the way down to “TwLauncher” and click it
- Under “Launch by default” press “Clear defaults”
- Now, click your Home button
- Choosing “Home” instead of “TwLauncher” will bring you to the Vanilla Android launcher and homescreens. You can click on “Use by default for this action.”
To switch back, perform the same operation, but clear the defaults for the “Home” application. Now choose “TwLauncher” as your default home-button launcher.