Bloggers out there, this is for you. Many of us use Wordpress for Android to publish our blog when we are not near our computer. With that experience, we have all seen some of the challenges using it. Well, good news; version 1.3.5 was just released and there are some great changes. Lets take a look at the change log.
- A login prompt now asks you to input your password again if you happened to have changed it from the last time you used the app.
- Previewing a blog post should now work better and be more stable.
- Multi-language support is improved, long strings of text won't make the interface break.
- The image uploader no longer occasionally crashes when dealing with very large images (>8Mb).
- When editing a blog post, extra paragraph HTML tags will no longer be randomly added, which was happening sporadically.
- The option to turn off the Mobile Theme will no longer randomly disappear.
- The app will no longer unexpectedly crash if the data connection type changed during a process. (Switching from, say WiFi to a 3G network should now not make the app crash.)
On top of the above fixes, a new comment feature was also added. When you get a new comment, you'll see the actual text of the comment in the Android notification bar. Along with that, when you select the comment notification to moderate the comment, it will now be there instantly in the comments view rather than you refreshing to see the comment.