Velocity Micro has plans on taking the tablet market by storm by providing three new products that will be availabe in September. The first is the Cruz Reader that can be pre-ordered on their website for $199. The Cruz Tablet, a more powerful version of the Reader is availabe for $299 on pre-order as well and will ship in late September. The third product is StoryPad, an e-reader for kids and is priced at $149, but does not provide a date of availability.
The Cruz Reader, if pre-ordered, will ship on September 8. Features include:
- 7 inch screen
- 4:3, 800x600 full color touch screen display
- Android 2.0
- 256mb RAM/256mb internal storage
- 802.11 b/g Wifi
- Borders E-book application with access to over 2 million books
- SD card slot and USB for expandable storage
- video support includes MPEG-4, H.264
- audio support: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV
- image support: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
The Cruz Tablet provides some upgraded features making it more appeasing, albeit, not by much. This includes:
- 16:9, 800x480, capacitive 7 inch touchscreen
- Android 2.1
- 512mb RAM/4GB internal storage
- 802.11n Wifi
- video support: MPEG-4, H.264, H.263, MOV, AV
- Built-in speakers
- Mini USB
- Expected to ship on September 27th.
The StoryPad is for kids and plays videos, music, and games. They come in three different colors and includes 10 animation books and 3 games. The storypad is geared to help children read by following along with the story, and includes educational interactive games.
Both the reader and tablet will be available in stores the same day they are to ship. Additionally, they both have access to the Cruz Market which might be a replacement of the Android Market, and the Borders application. Velocity Micro has put up a video review of their reader, highlighting the features availabe. I think people are really wating to see the review of the Tablet. Take a look at the reader and tell me what you think. Have Android tablets finally hit mainstream?