We’ve heard a few day ago that The original Motorola Droid would be receiving a new update (FRG22D) that would finally allow users to access and install Flash Player 10.1, but many phones have yet to receive the file. If you are tired of waiting and want to start accessing the Adobe Flash update right now, then follow the simple steps below. You must first realize that this update is intended for Droid owners who already have received and updated their handset to Android 2.2 (build FRG01B) and are waiting for the second update (FRG22D) to enable Flash Player 10.1. The firmware file comes directly over the air from Google and it is the same version as what your phone would download over the air. Some smart users updated their Droid to make sure everything worked and the entire process takes about 10 minutes.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
To manually install Android 2.2 FRG22D on the Verizon Droid, perform the following steps:
- Download the official Android 2.2 firmware from Google: FRG22D-from-FRG01B
- Copy the file to the root directory your microSD card and name it update.zip (noob warning: not update.zip.zip)
- Power off your phone. Hold down the “X” button on the physical keyboard and power it back on to boot into recovery mode.
- When you see the “/!\” symbol, press volume up and the camera button at the same time to display the recovery options.
- Use the d-pad to navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
- When you see “Install from sdcard complete”, select “reboot system now”.
- Open Android Market and search for “Flash Player 10.1â€³.
If you got a Droid, let us know how the update went and let us know what you think of the new Flash Player 10.1 on the “Classic” Motorola Droid.