HTC Wildfire users rejoice! Well, lets explain first. The HTC Wildfire has been somewhat rooted thanks to user MartinEve at XDA. It does not unlock NAND (no custom ROM's, sorry), but it does allow running apps that require root access! SuperUser, YAY!
As always, you need to be super careful when doing this. Here are the instructions to soft root your Wildfire-
- You must have adb working.
- Download and install Superuser.apk from the Market. ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828 )
- Download MartinEve's SoftRoot package ( http://www.martineve.com/wildfiresof…k/SoftRoot.apk )
- Execute from a command prompt in the directory where you downloaded SoftRoot.apk:
- Windows: adb install SoftRoot.apk
- Linux: adb install ./SoftRoot.apk
- Run the SoftRoot application that is now installed.
- The application will now crash. Wait 2 seconds, close it and you are rooted.
- You will need to re-perform stage 4, only, each time you reboot.
Again thanks to MartinEve at XDA-Developers for the soft-root! Well done!