One interesting aspect is that a Google representative said the company had not yet been served with the lawsuit, and therefore couldn't comment until it had a chance to review it. An Oracle representative declined to comment beyond the complaint. One more interesting factor is that Oracle is saying that Google knew about their patent portfolio for years. They have also said, "Google hired certain former Sun Java engineers."
Google Unfortunately Gets Sued by Oracle
It was said by Oracle Thursday that it has filed suit against Google for infringing on patents and copyright related to Java, which Oracle owned along with Sun Microsystems earlier this year. Oracle claimed Google "knowingly, directly and repeatedly infringed Oracle's Java-related intellectual property." a very vague statement that has more specific detail in the suit itself. Oracle specified in the complaint, which was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, that "Android (including the Android software development kit) and devices that operate Android infringe one or more claims of each of United States Patents Nos. 6,125,447; 6,192,476; 5,966,702; 7,426,720; RE38,104; 6,910,205; and 6,061,520.
One thing can surely be said for Google. Things have not been going so good for them this week. From the negative net neutrality comments they've proposed to being called carrier humping surrender monkeys. Now they are being sued. Hopefully Google can bounce back from all of these negative events.
You May Like These
More Like This:
About the Author
CEO / Publisher / Owner
Chris founded and started Androidheadlines.com website in 2009 and grew it into the international success it is today and is the CEO of the business today. Chris has been an entrepreneur most of his life running several businesses, startups and worked in the website technology Industry since 1998. His skills and assets are Business, Finance, Emerging Technology and the Mobile Industry including everything Android and Google related and more. Contact him at [email protected]
- Facebook Exposes Photos Of Millions Of People In Latest Gaffe, Says 'Sorry'
- Samsung Releases Video Showing Off Its New One UI Software You Can't Have Yet
- T-Mobile & Sprint Parent Companies Stop Using Huawei Equipment For Merger Approval
- Are You Willing To Pay Facebook To Watch HBO? Facebook Thinks So
- Microsoft Releases "Hummingbird" App To Compete With Google News
- Gboard Boosts Customizability With 50+ Light & Dark Gradient Themes
- Chrome For Android To Get Long Overdue "Close All Tabs" Icon
- This Is What Future Smartphones May Look Like
- YouTube The Enforcer Removed Millions Of Videos & Comments In Q3, 2018
- Samsung Not Giving Up On Tablets, Reportedly Launching Galaxy Tab A At MWC 2019
The Great Android Holiday Giveaway 2018 - 2019: Over 70 Prizes To Be Won
Updated Winner Announced: Win A Samsung Galaxy Note 9 With AndroidHeadlines – USA Giveaway
December 15, 2018, 6:00am
December 15, 2018, 5:55am
December 14, 2018, 2:17pm
December 14, 2018, 11:07am
We Are Hiring Apply Now