Joe Hewitt, the guy who developed iPhone's facebook app,agrees that he likes the openness of the android platform but he just hates almost everything else about android.
Hewitt quoted on twitter, "Android tools are horrendous, OS is hideous, but the absence of big brother telling me what to do gives it a slight edge. "Hewitt stopped working for the iPhone apps because he was philosophically opposed to the existence of their review process.
Some of his latest tweets:
- "[Droid X is] not THAT good. Stick with your iPhone."
- "The more I work with Android the more it reminds me of Windows...as in, it's really flexible, agnostic, and developer-friendly, but also really sloppily designed."
- "Android dev community needs a quirksmode.org-like site to chart the subtle differences between each device, so we needn't buy every one." (In English -- Google still hasn't provided a solution for the Android fragmentation problem.)
- "After all those years of hype, AMOLED screens suck. What's with the gradient banding?!"
- "Once a day or so it hits me that I am writing Java, and I cry a little." (Java is the Android programming language.)
Well what i think about this guy is that he is a bit lazy to write codes and i guess he will be using the google app inventor to make apps after a few days.