P3droid is at it again! Shortly after Koush released Clockwork Recovery for the Droid X, P3droid has come up with the leaked Froyo OTA (Over The Air) build and has packaged it in .zip format for our pleasure. The update.zip will upgrade your system and baseband, and wiping your phone is not required. I would like to take a moment and honor p3droid's request of posting this:
"We the team that tries to bring you the most current Droid firmware or your device do so out of a passion for Droids, Android, and the community. If anyone says anything else about us it is untrue. We love what we do and wish to do so in the future. Having said this, sometimes the leaks have a cost associated with them and while in no way are we asking for donations in order to receive these files, if you would like to support our future work please consider donating. If you chose to not donate or can't, we wish you the full enjoyment of this release."Advertisement
Credit goes to (according to MyDroidWorld) are Andrew, Cellzealot, P3droid, Birdman, and Rootzw. Big ups.
Now lets get down to installing this bad boy (update.zip)
- Your X must be stock to install this update. (Which wont be a problem for most of you, just make sure if you removed anything to put it back before you start!). If you wish to be rooted after this update, you MUST be rooted before you start installing p3droid's update.
- Now, Download the update.zip. Mirror: here
- Take the file you just downloaded, and place it in the root of your sd card (meaning in no folder). PLEASE double check the extension so its not update.zip.zip!
- Power off your X.
- Power back on while holding the HOME key. (Recovery mode)
- When you see the triangle with ! and an android logo, go ahead and press the search button.
- Select "apply sdcard:update.zip" in the menu. (Volume rocker [up/down]/camera button [select])
- Your X will now install all of the goodness Froyo has to offer, taking approximately 5 minutes to complete.
- When the update is complete, select reboot. It will take longer than usual to reboot, don't panic!
- Yay! Now you are running Android 2.2 Congrats 🙂
You may have to The official OTA will be released sometime in early september, but why not install it now? Big ups to p3droid again for all his hard work! — Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them below!