The Motorola Flipout is another to add to the "cute but crippled" category that fits most AT&T Android phones. The Flipout has been out for a while on other carriers, but is coming soon (?) to AT&T. Like all other AT&T Androids, the Flipout is not able to sideload apps without aid from ADB or Android Sideload Wonder Machine.
It is a pretty odd form factor, but will probably go over well with texting tweens. Specs include:
- Android 2.1
- Resizeable widgets like on Droid X and Droid 2
- Motoblur 1.5 - not what is on the Droid 2 or Droid X
- 2.8 inch 320x240 resolution
- High build-quality so those tweens can throw it around without much issue
- OMAP processor clocked at 720 MHz with the PowerVR SGX 530 GPU (it will probably beat a Droid 1 in a race, but can't compete with the newer high-end offerings)
- Google Navigation and Google search as default
One of these pictures depicts a blue back, so maybe it will have swappable battery covers.
You can check out a video we put up earlier here.
You can read up on the Rogers Canada version (same device) here.