The Droid X comes out as the sure winner in the batter tests. Mind you the tests performed by LaptopMag only looked at mobile browsing. Talk time, email, WiFi, bluetooth were all omitted from the tests. This gives us pretty good indicator of the power drain of the screen if all of these other services are turned off. Something else to keep in mind is the si\e of the battery. The lowest rated phone, the HTC Incredible, only has a 1300 mAh battery. It shouldn't really be in the same test it's 1500 mAh counterparts. What is interesting is that the Samsung Captivate gets a full 3 hours less browsing time than the Droid X. Really it should be a comparison between AMOLED and LCD or TFT as Motorola calls it. Nicely done Droid X. Let us konw how important battery life is to you. Is it truly form over function?
Android Phones Battery Tests are in And We Have a Winner!
For many, battery life is usually an after thought when purchasing a new smartphone. We spend so much time evaluating the UI the feel the look, it's only once we start using the phone in our day to day life that we realize how important battery life really is. A quick look at the battery usage on my Nexus One shows that the screen is the biggest battery hog of them all. It is a beautiful AMOLED screen though, characters look crisp, screen changes are not ghosty but the battery is getting the life sucked out of it. Would anyone really sacrifice the beauty of their screen for longer batter life, probably not. Well, with the current shortage of AMOLED screens in the market these days, we've seen a rise in SLCD screens. Boasting similar image quality as the AMOLED screens and drawing less power, have we found the happy medium?
Copyright ©2019 Android Headlines. All Rights Reserved
You May Like These
More Like This:
About the Author
CEO / Publisher / Owner
Chris founded and started Androidheadlines.com website in 2009 and grew it into the international success it is today and is the CEO of the business today. Chris has been an entrepreneur most of his life running several businesses, startups and worked in the website technology Industry since 1998. His skills and assets are Business, Finance, Emerging Technology and the Mobile Industry including everything Android and Google related and more. Contact him at [email protected]
- YouTube Offers Vague Confirmation Of Counter-Stream Ripping Measures
- "Archer" Might Be A Google Android TV Device, But Probably Not Pixel Player
- Stadia Controllers Won't Support Bluetooth Audio At Launch
- YouTube Music App Now Seamlessly Switches Between Songs & Videos
- Stadia Director Of Product Clarifies Platform's Social Features
- Google Assistant Gets New Interactive Game 'Journey To The Moon'
- Device Protection On Google Fi Adds In-Store Screen Repairs For Pixel 3/3a
- Android Q Recents Screen May Include Google Translate
- Trump To Investigate Google Over Accusations Of Tie Up With China
- Stadia Reddit AMA To Answer Your Burning Questions Tomorrow
July 19, 2019, 2:01pm
July 19, 2019, 1:02pm
July 19, 2019, 12:03pm
July 19, 2019, 10:30am
We Are Hiring Apply Now