Happy day for Droid Incredible owners. The Android 2.2 update ROM for the HTC Droid Incredible got leaked today and Shipped-ROMS is offering it to everyone who wants to install it. Some people have already updated their phones with it, and so far so good.
If you don’t want to wait for the official update, you can get it, too, but you need to root your device. So if you still want to go through with it, you can follow the instructions below (however you might want to wait till tomorrow):
1. Download this file and place on your SD card.
11. Reboot and enjoy your rooted phone running the new Froyo.
2. Boot into hboot (Hold optical button + power) and select Bootloader.
3. Install PB31IMG.ZIP
**Step 3 note**
Your phone might reboot to either hboot or recovery after trying to install PB31IMG.ZIP, just get back to hboot and install again, when you get back to hboot you should notice its version .92 and S-OFF is still on, just install PB31IMG.ZIP again and all should be good. I believe at one point after it updates hboot it has to reboot to finish the install, so this might be what you are seeing.
4. Reboot, setup your google account, etc.
5. Put the files attached below on the root of your SD-Card.
***Files are PB31IMG.ZIP (this is not the update, either delete the other PB31IMG.ZIP or rename it to PB31IMG.BAK, this is just clockwork recovery in the PB31IMG.ZIP) , payload-update.zip, and su-188.8.131.52-ef-signed.zip***
6. Power down phone and boot to hboot (hold optical button + power).
7. Install PB31IMG.ZIP in hboot, this installs clockwork recovery.
8. Once that is done installing, press volume down, so your phone doesnt reboot, then select recovery.
9. Once you boot into recovery choose install zip from SD-Card, then choose payload-update.zip.
10. After that installs, choose to install another zip and install su-184.108.40.206-ef-signed.zip.