Today, Yahoo! debuted Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger apps for Android, a Yahoo! Search Widget for Android, and launched an amazing new HTML5 mobile mail and News experience for iPhone and iPod touch. These exciting launches represent our continued efforts to develop sophisticated mobile experiences for leading platforms, reaching a broad audience of highly engaged mobile users. We're keeping consumers connected to the people and things that matter to them most – wherever and whenever they want.
Yahoo! provides a seamless, integrated experience across all screens; from PC to mobile phones, tablets, TV, and beyond. These latest apps are optimized for three hero Android devices-Motorola Droid, HTC Incredible, and Google Nexus One-and are available for download globally, via the Android Market for Android OS 2.0 and above.
Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger operate as standalone applications, but are also integrated to provide an optimal Yahoo! communications experience. We include the best of Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger, including rich text formatting, Yahoo! emoticons, and access to the Yahoo! Address Book, in apps that are designed from the ground up for the Android platform.
With the new Yahoo! Mail App for Android, consumers can:
- Receive push notification of new email messages
- Send emails to contacts from the Yahoo! Address Book as well as contacts in the native phone address book
- Search email messages by sender, recipient, subject and keywords in the body of the email
- Upload photos as attachments directly from camera or the photo gallery
- View and download attachments
- Insert emoticons and rich text formatting into emails
- Effectively manage and organize their Yahoo! Mail messages, folders and manage spam
- Toggle between the Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger apps with ease
With the new Yahoo! Messenger App for Android, consumers can:
- Easily message friends, check friends' status updates & availability as well as update their own status & availability
- Send instant messages to friends via SMS text messages*
- Stay connected with full support for multitasking allowing the app to work in the background; with push notifications consumers can easily catch new messages and friend requests
- Full use of emoticons and rich text formatting
- Send photos to friends directly from the phone's camera or the photo gallery