Google announced its second quarter 2010 earnings on Thursday, and the earnings conference call painted a rosy picture of the current state of Android. According to Google CFO Patrick Pichette, and Senior VP of Product management Jonathan Rosenberg, Android is currently not a huge resource investment for Google but promises a "formidable return" as the "entire ecosystem is exploding." According to Rosenberg, the web browser is the most popular app on an Android device with search being its primary usage. As a result, mobile search on Android grew 300% in the first half of 2010. Rosenberg did not cite specific figures but estimated that mobile search is growing alongside desktop search and not taking away from it. Prichette confirmed that Google's acquisition of AdMob is translating into buku bucks as Android gains momentum; he also points out that Google is recording 160,000 Android device activations daily. The Android Market is also growing and now boasts of over 70,000 applications, up from the 30,000 it reported in April. Impressive numbers for the two and half year old mobile OS.
Mobile Search Grew, Daily Activations, Android Apps Up, Up, And UP!
You May Like These
More Like This:
About the Author
- Facebook Exposes Photos Of Millions Of People In Latest Gaffe, Says 'Sorry'
- Samsung Releases Video Showing Off Its New One UI Software You Can't Have Yet
- T-Mobile & Sprint Parent Companies Stop Using Huawei Equipment For Merger Approval
- Are You Willing To Pay Facebook To Watch HBO? Facebook Thinks So
- Microsoft Releases "Hummingbird" App To Compete With Google News
- Gboard Boosts Customizability With 50+ Light & Dark Gradient Themes
- Chrome For Android To Get Long Overdue "Close All Tabs" Icon
- This Is What Future Smartphones May Look Like
- YouTube The Enforcer Removed Millions Of Videos & Comments In Q3, 2018
- Samsung Not Giving Up On Tablets, Reportedly Launching Galaxy Tab A At MWC 2019
The Great Android Holiday Giveaway 2018 - 2019: Over 70 Prizes To Be Won
Updated Winner Announced: Win A Samsung Galaxy Note 9 With AndroidHeadlines – USA Giveaway
December 15, 2018, 6:00am
December 15, 2018, 5:55am
December 14, 2018, 2:17pm
December 14, 2018, 11:07am
We Are Hiring Apply Now