HotSpot Tethering was added to Android phone users with the latest 2.2 froyo allowing users to connect up to 8 wireless devices to the internet over your 3G data plan. The Aria is slated to receive the updated OS by the end of the summer. AT&T subscribers would have to also upgrade their data plan to include Tethering for a ripe 45$ per month, a full $20 more than the standard DataPro personal plan. This would allow for a 2GB data limit. Other cell phone providers like Canadian company Rogers include tethering with any data plan over 1GB. As tethering becomes more widely used and available as a standard feature on cell phones, it is possible that we will see changes to data plans and perhaps even to the way we connect to the internet in general.
False Hope Surrounds HTCs Aria and Hot Spot Tethering.
For a brief moment there was a hint of Tethering hope for Aira owners. HTC announced that an update was available enabling a "Mobile Network sharing function" which was taken to mean hot spot tethering. Via a sideloaded app, this functionality could have set a nice precedent, unlocking AT&T's ban on third party tethering apps. But alas, the wording in the description was misunderstood says an HTC spokesperson and that the update is meant for the desktop HTC Synch client and has no impact on the phone whatsoever. The description of the update will be revised as of Monday and HTC apologizes for the confusion.
Copyright ©2019 Android Headlines. All Rights Reserved
You May Like These
More Like This:
About the Author
CEO / Publisher / Owner
Chris founded and started Androidheadlines.com website in 2009 and grew it into the international success it is today and is the CEO of the business today. Chris has been an entrepreneur most of his life running several businesses, startups and worked in the website technology Industry since 1998. His skills and assets are Business, Finance, Emerging Technology and the Mobile Industry including everything Android and Google related and more. Contact him at [email protected]
- ARCHOS Unveils Four New Phones, Including This Weird Corner-Notched One
- Sony Also Embracing Quadruple-Camera Setups With Light
- Google Chrome To Tap Into Digital Wellbeing When Android Q Lands
- Exynos Galaxy S10+ Benchmarked, Trumped By iPhone XS Max
- Samsung Expands Galaxy S8 Android 9 Pie Rollout, Beta Program Ending
- Xiaomi Investigating Pop-Up Android Cameras: Report
- Sony Putting A Bigger Emphasis On Chips For IoT & Self-Driving Cars
- The Best Samsung Galaxy S10 Cases You Can Buy - February 2019
- Google I/O 2019 Registration Open: Register For A Chance To Spend $1,150
- Galaxy S10 Pre-Orders Are Open At AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon & Samsung.com
February 22, 2019, 8:27am
February 22, 2019, 7:37am
February 22, 2019, 5:40am
February 22, 2019, 5:25am
We Are Hiring Apply Now