The Droid X has been rooted a week after the phone's release. Early adopters of the superphone were dismayed to find efuse technology implanted on the Droid X, suposedly preventing any changes to the phone. eFuse hard codes software on the chip preventing users from unlocking features or installing custom ROMs. An eFuse kill switch has been discovered and has been demystified according to a developer known as mrweeeedbirdman. A guide will be available shortly, however there is a 12 step process available online. These types of mods aren't for the novice user and should only be attempted by advanced users who understand the consequences. Although there aren't many ROMs available for the Droid X yet, I'm sure we can expect to see a great deal released in the near future.
eFuse Circumvented. Droid X Rooted!
You May Like These
More Like This:
- 10 Best Ringtone Apps For Ultimate Smartphone Customization
- Instagram Direct Gets Voice Messaging Feature In New Update
- Realistic Sony Xperia XZ4 Concept Sports Triple Camera Setup
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Unveiled With 10GB Of RAM & Warp Charge 30
- Alleged Galaxy S10+ Prototype Leaks With Two Selfie Cameras
The Great Android Holiday Giveaway 2018 - 2019: Over 70 Prizes To Be Won
Updated Winner Announced: Win A Samsung Galaxy Note 9 With AndroidHeadlines – USA Giveaway
December 12, 2018, 2:14pm
December 12, 2018, 11:10am
December 12, 2018, 8:50am
December 12, 2018, 6:58am
We Are Hiring Apply Now