Every day the world becomes more digital. Today is no different. Google is now going to offer a payment system which is completely digital for mobile users. Google is now offering an Android extension for Google Checkout.
The idea is to allow merchants and vendors accept credit and debit transactions when cash is not readily available. This means everybody; you do not need a special credit card machine. The only requirement is that both parties have access to their Google checkout account.
To set up your own sale, follow these five steps by google:
1. Create a Google Checkout merchant account and configure your tax on the Settings Tab
2. Use the Google Checkout Store Gadget Wizard to generate a webstore template
3. Fill in the Google Spreadsheet with information about the items you wish to sell
4. Create a Google Sites page and follow the wizard to embed the Store Gadget
5. Install the Android Payment Chrome Extension
Once set up, all the buyer has to do is scan the QR code with their Android device, sign in to their google checkout account and complete the transaction.
This brings us one step closer to a cashless world. Free your wallet, try it out.