Swype has certainly gained a lot of hype from many users, and a while back they rolled out a beta program to select number of people. Today members of this beta received an e-mail stating there was an upgrade available, along with what this upgrade entailed. From what we can see this update includes:
- Added better context sensitivity for the "magic button" (go/search/enter/smiley)
- Added automatic apostrophe insertion for contractions (e.g. won't, don't, wasn't, etc)
- Added the Italian language dictionary
- Improved sensing of field type to prevent the display and addition of passwords to the UDB (user dictionary)
- Improved suppression of auto-spacing in fields such as URLs and email addresses
- Updated the built-in dictionary to include several common words that were previously missing
- Rewrote some settings descriptions to be more clear on their functionality
- Fixed licensing issue causing "Limited Functionality" errors when rebooting devices running Android 2.0 and later
- Fixed licensing issue causing some users to receive an "Incorrect ID" error when installing Swype
- Fixed a bug where manually typing some words with word-prediction enabled would cause Swype to crash
- Fixed a bug which caused some words added to the UDB to erroneously override other words when word-prediction is enabled
- Many other minor bug fixes!
For all of you who are part of the beta program, be sure to install the latest update, and let us know how it works out for you!