Description: This application is the one which can keep your home screen tidy, and make everything easy to access.
How it works: Smart Shortcuts is an organizer app for your apps, contacts and bookmarks. From the main page, you can select which of the three you want to work on. For applications it quickly catalogs them the first time you pull it up. From there it will put them into common categories or tags like games, internet, communication etc. You can make up your own tags and it even gives you some nice icons to work with to associate with those tags. You can also change and add additional tags instead 0f what the app/contact/bookmark had.
Once you have them the way you like, you are set. No more wading through the app drawer or scrolling down the contacts or bookmarks to find that certain thing you were searching for.
If you need any help figuring what you are doing they have included a well made help/FAQ . One thing I looked up was for the bookmarks it has a small blue square on the right side that shows a number. That is how many times you have visited that site. Nice little tidbit of info I didn’t know about.
Opinion: This is nice for bringing common apps/contacts/bookmarks together. It is very intuitive so there isn’t much to learn in order to organize the apps, contacts or bookmarks. The FAQ is helpful and explains all the details of how each aspects works. I wish it had a notification bar link like Folder Organizer lite does. It makes it more accessible to find your organized stuff without having to go back to the home screen. But, this app still is fast and easy to use.
- Speed (4/5) – The app was able to bring up the apps very fast and categorize them. Moving from screen to screen was effortless.
- Features (3/5) – It gives you just want you need – organizing apps, contacts and bookmarks. But a link in the notification bar would be a plus.
- Theme (4/5) – Simple but effective.
- Overall (4/5) – Works well and does just what is needed.
- Brings all your things you access on a daily basis together in one place.
- Able to add a shortcut on desktop.
- Able to change tags to other icons.
- Could use a notification bar link to easily access the apps, contacts and bookmarks.
Conclusion: Easy access for your apps, contacts and bookmarks and even can categorize things the way you want them to put together . Added plus that it can do all this for free. Hopefully they can add a way to link to the notification bar so you aren’t stuck going to the home screen to access it.