We’ve seen what Verizon has to offer soon as they are preparing to launch their two newest members of the Droid series, the Droid 2 and the Droid X. AT&T released the HTC Aria today as what people are concluding as an HTC “budget phone.” The only other carrier that has been doing well with its most recent release is Sprint, as they have recently launched the first 4G device, the HTC Evo 4G, and they are showing no signs of stopping with the rumored Samsung Galaxy S Pro.
Image Source: Android Community
Thanks to a tipster over at Android Central, we have learned some obvious specs as the tipster has compared the Galaxy S Pro to Sprint’s HTC Evo 4G.
Here’s what we have learned:
- Roughly 1/2 in. shorter than the HTC Evo and 3/8in. more narrow.
- 512MB of RAM
- Thicker than the Evo due to it’s slide out keyboard.
- The keyboard keys are soft plastic and firm when pressed.
- EVDO Rev. A./Wimax.
- Dual SIM
- 5MP rear-facing camera with 1x optical zoom, 720p recording.
- Front-facing camera is VGA
- The keyboard slide mechanism is rumored to be smooth as it is said to click in place when closed.
- This device is running an ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor.
- SuperAMOLED screen
- Resolution appears 400 X 800 to the tipster.
- The screen size is rumored to be the same 4 in. size as it’s relative the Galaxy S.
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi capability.
Source: Android Central
Keep in mind these are all rumored specs as nothing is confirmed and could very well change before launch. Could we be witnessing another huge launch from Sprint within just months of each other? Let us know what you think in the comments below.