Paid app version 188.8.131.52 for 4.95.
Description: Trusted by over 18 million people worldwide. Contacts, SMS, Bookmarks, System Settings, App Settings, Call Logs, MMS, Calendar, Photos, Video, Music and more. Scheduling and Encryption options.
How it works: Sprite Backup gives up options to backup your contacts, bookmarks, call logs, text messages and more.
Once you start the process to do a backup you can choose where to backup your data such as your phone memory, the SD card or cloud options like Dropbox or Box.net. Then you can choose what you want to backup like maybe just your text messages. It gives you a progress bar and percentages of completion for each option as it completes it.
I tested the backup on my text messages and it restores all of them after I deleted some threads with my test.
You can also schedule a backup and where to put the backup on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and also set the time of day to do it.
Opinion: Sprite Backup is a good app for backing up your data and I was impressed of the options. Titanium Backup doesn’t offer options where to save the data and the cloud options where an unexpected plus. It works fairly quickly for the selections I made.
- Speed (4/5) – Once it was doing the backup and restore it went pretty quick. The initial cataloguing of data did take awhile.
- Features (5/5) – All the options expected from a data backup app, but the cloud options were an extra special feature.
- Theme (4/5) – Works well.
- Overall (4/5) – A good data backup with cloud storage options.
- Cloud options for backup.
- Backup and Restore run very smoothly.
- Price is a bit high for a simple app though it does work very well.
Conclusion: Sprite Backup does data backup very well. Backups and Restores go pretty quick and allow for multiple backup locations with DropBox and Box.net. I think the price might be a bit high but they make good with the app’s functionality.