Verizon announced a short time ago that the Droid Eris is gone for good however, rumors have been squashed from Verizon that the HTC Incredible is leaving their assortment. The very popular phone from Verizon has had in stock issues from day 1. The shortage of these devices has to do with shortage of some of the parts to build this device. HTC has changed out some of these parts to try to get this phone back in stock. While the phone is out of stock, Verizon is offering customers that are still waiting on pre-orders other options for a handset. If you still have a pre-order for this phone, you can change your order to the upcoming Droid X.
One of the features people like about this phone over the HTC EVO and the upcoming Motorola Droid X that have a 4.3″ screen, is the 3.7″ screen that keeps it a pocket phone.
Here is a list of the HTC Incredible specs:
* Android 2.1 “‰clair” with Sense UI
* 3.7″ WVGA OLED capacitive display
* 4.64″x2.3″x0.47 dimensions with a weight of 4.59 oz.
* 1 GHz Snapdragon QS G8650 processor
* Dual band EV-DO Rev. A
* 512MB ROM/512MB RAM
* 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
* 8 mega pixel camera with video capture
* HTML browser
* MS exchange support
* 8GB internal memory
* 32 GB micro SD
* 3.5mm headphone jack
* Battery life of 312 minutes talk time – 149 hours standby
* Pre-loaded with Gmail and Google Calendar