App Name: Hero of Sparta by Gameloft
Description: You wake up alone on an unknown beach -- your boat and entire fleet missing... It's the beginning of an epic odyssey to find out just what game the gods are playing with you, King Argos. Your fate now lies in their hands. Battle like the fierce Spartan warrior you are to avoid a tragic death as you journey from the Oracle's Island to Atlantis and finally to the depths of the Underworld. You will fight the most phenomenal monsters from mythology, defy Cerberus and the Cyclops, and challenge the gods themselves! It's your chance to write your own legend... if you can survive this mythic adventure.
How it works: Using the directional pad you can walk and using your sword button in the right lower corner you swing and chop.
Opinion: Its basically a hack and slash game, its not too bad, its easy to control and not overly crazy hard either. Its pretty fun and could use a bit of work graphically, mostly the background art it seems. The game is good though, you character seems to be slow witted and slow but he swings a might sword and destroys enemies.
· Speed (4/5) - The game is fast and fluid, didn't slow down once, the character is a bit slow being a warrior but the gameplay isn't slow
· Features (4/5) - Good features. Its a fun game, hack and slash
· Theme (4/5) - The theme is period based around ancient sparta and does a good job of depicting that.
· Overall (4/5) - Its a fun hack and slash style game, you move around the level and kill enemies and then advance.
- Its in 3D
- Does a good job of depicting the period
- Its easy to get used to
- Good controls
- The graphics need a bit of work (not much, just a bit)
Conclusion: Good game and gives you another reason to go around yelling THIS IS SPARTA! Its fun to just attack enemies and move on, mindless game that you can play anywhere.