Meizu Has Managed To Sell 22 Million Smartphones In 2016

January 10, 2017 - Written By Kristijan Lucic

Meizu has just announced that they’ve managed to ship out 22 million smartphones in 2016, which is the company’s new record. Meizu has announced this info during the press conference in China, and this essentially means that they’ve managed to sell 2 million smartphones more than in 2015, as they’ve managed to ship out 20 million units in 2015. In addition to this, Meizu has also released some additional info, read on.

Out of 22 million smartphones Meizu managed to sell last year, 90% were sold in China, and the remaining 10% were shipped somewhere else, which is yet another accomplishment for the company, as their global presence is stronger than ever, it is still not nowhere near where it should be, but the company is slowly increasing their presence outside of China. As a reminder, Meizu had managed to ship 8.9 million devices in H1 2015, while they’ve managed to move 11 million smartphones in H1 2016. Meizu has been one of the fastest-growing smartphone manufacturers in the last couple of years, as they’ve completely obliterated their sales numbers from 2014 last year, and this year they improved upon such numbers even further. If a recently leaked roadmap is to be believed, Meizu has plenty of interesting devices to show us in 2017, and the company will probably step away from their recognizable, but a bit stale design language moving forward, which means we could see some fresh designs from the company, especially if some of the more recent leaks are to be believed. As a reminder, company’s concept smartphone leaked several times now, but we cannot confirm that it’s real, at least not yet.

The Meizu PRO 6 Plus is Meizu’s latest flagship, and it’s quite a compelling smartphone. Not only is this phone fueled by the Exynos 8890 64-bit octa-core SoC, just like the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, but it comes with a premium metal build, and a QHD Super AMOLED display. This handset also offers 3D Touch (Force Touch), and comes with 4GB of RAM and a 12-megapixel OIS camera. We’re really interested to see what will Meizu offer in 2017, and if the Meizu PRO 7 will as good as rumors are suggesting.