We were left with a bitter taste after the launch of the much-anticipated Sony Xperia Z4, which was actually just an updated Z3, presented as Xperia Z3+, so we had even higher expectations from the Japanese manufacturer’s next handset, Sony Xperia Z5. Because yes, Sony is still launching two flagships per year!
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
And here we are, the Xperia Z5 is already on the market. Spec-wise, Sony did an excellent job. Except the 1080p resolution, which might be considered a minus by some users (but hey, that’s why they launched the 4K Z5 Premium), the phone is a solid performer. We strongly believe that a lot of tech fans are looking forward to buying it!
But let’s not forget that such phones don’t come for cheap, so a lot of people will get them with a two year contract. After all, the price is one of the most important aspects when deciding upon a new phone!
It’s true, you will get it for less money than buying it SIM-free, but your new phone will be locked in a specific network and you won’t be able to use any carrier you want. But this shouldn’t be a problem, as you can easily unlock your Sony Xperia Z5!
How can I do it?
There are a few methods which can be used for doing this, but unlocking it by code is by far the easiest available. You need to follow three simple steps and you will be able to use the Sony Xperia Z5 in any network around the world.
- Find an unlock code provider, like UnlockUnit.com or UnlockScope.com. Both services can offer you an unlock code for your phone, at more than reliable rates.
- Place an order. Before doing this, you will need to provide the following information:
- your phone’s IMEI (it can be found by dialing *#06#)
- the name and country of the network you originally bought your phone from
- a valid email address, where you will receive the code
- Unlock your Sony Xperia Z5 using the code you received.
- Insert a SIM from an unsupported carrier, other than the one you’re currently using
- Wait for your phone to display a message like “SIM Network PIN”
- Type the code and you’re done!
Your phone is now unlocked and you can use it with any carrier you want!
If you want to find out more details about the unlocking process, you can check out the UnlockScope YouTube channel, where you will also find various tutorials, for each phone brand.
For those of you who want to place an order directly from a smartphone, you can download the UnlockScope App, available for free in the Play Store!
Why should I unlock my Sony Xperia Z5?
Unlocking your phone will bring a lot of advantages, besides the freedom to use it with any carrier you want! Here are a few examples:
- Use a local SIM whenever you’re traveling, in order to avoid those expensive roaming fees we all hate
- Increase the selling value, as an unlocked phone can be sold way quicker than a carrier-locked phone
- Change your provider with another one that has better pricing options and offers more data
Finally, we should mention that there are a few methods which can also be used to unlock your Sony Xperia Z5:
- Rooting – It requires proper documentation and it should be done by somebody who has done it before. Also, the risk of totally damaging your phone is pretty big!
- Asking your carrier for a code – It can be very costly a long process, as most carrier will refuse giving it to you without going through a series of calls with their support line.
To sum up, we can say that unlocking your phone by code is by far the safest, simplest and cheapest method you can opt for if you want to give your phone some well-deserved freedom!