Web PC Suite is an Android and web app that allows you to manage files, folders and apps that are on your Android smartphone or tablet from any other device or computer. Made by the same developer as File Expert, there’s a lot on offer here, and it’s all designed to be as simple as possible. In this latest version of the app, things have been simplified and the user interface is quicker, smoother and much easier to navigate. Quick to connect, and quick to transfer files, Web PC Suite aims to get rid of your microUSB cables once and for all. Let’s see if it can do just that.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
To get started, you’ll need to download Web PC Suite from the Play Store. Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to make sure that your Android device and computer are connected to the same network, thankfully the app reminds you of your SSID in the quick setup process.
Connecting to my device was really, really quick. While I have dual-band AC WiFi, I also tested it over regular single-band 2.4 Ghz WiFi and it was still very speedy. Those new to Web PC Suite will get a detailed introduction on how to use its features.
What’s nice about Web PC Suite is that the Material Design that was a big new feature in File Expert has carried over, and this makes the web app feel familiar and easy to use, as well. The main dashboard is really easy to navigate, and everything is broken down into neat little sections.
Using these quick links, users can happily take a look at the photos on their device:
With the tickboxes here, users can easily copy photos to their computer, delete them from their device and more. It’s really easy to do, and it makes viewing these photos on a bigger display much, much easier. You can even use Web PC Suite to manage and watch videos from your Android device on your PC through the web app.
Another feature I liked was the ability to easily take a look at the installed apps on your Android device. This is something those used to managing programs on a traditional computer will enjoy, and even though it asks you to accept the uninstallation on your phone, it speeds things up a whole lot. It also makes it easier to see just which apps are taking up the most space on your device.
All of these features are great, but there’s one thing you should keep an eye out for and that’s battery life. Any app that connects to WiFi like this is going to drain battery more than normal, but you might want to turn off the keep awake option so that when you close the app it doesn’t drain battery when not using it.
This isn’t big deal however, and the battery drain is mostly pretty minimal, and the convenience of having such a great system to manage files whenever and wherever you want outweighs any niggles like this.
All-in-all, I’ve been really impressed with Web PC Suite, I enjoyed File Expert with Clouds, but for someone like myself who spends a lot of time behind a desk with a decent PC in front of me, using an app like this makes a lot of sense. For many people, our smartphones have become the center of our digital lives and all of the important files like photos and videos are on these devices. So, it’s nice that Web PC Suite is available to allow users the opportunity to play this media back on the big screen without having to mess around with cables or anything like that. It all runs nice and quickly, and there’s no messing around with permissions or anything like that; it just works.
- Speed (5/5) – I was surprised by how quick Web PC Suite really was, and connection was almost instant.
- Theme (4/5) – There’s a familiar sort of Material Design look and feel here, and those that have used similar apps on Android will find things easy to navigate here.
- Features (4/5) – There’s everything that you could want in such an app here, and while it’s not as fully featured as some, you can playback all the content you want and everything is easy to use.
- Overall (4.5/5) – A solid option that those with strong WiFi networks and a distaste for USB cables should definitely try out, Web PC Suite is well worth checking out.
- Quick and easy to get set up, just takes a couple of steps to get going.
- Allows users to playback videos, view photos and transfer to and from devices with ease.
- Makes managing files and folders more familiar for those used to spending time with a desktop computer.
- Great way of managing Android apps and games without having to spend a lot of time on your device.
- Wake lock might affect some users, but it can easily be turned off in the settings.
- Better drag and drop support would be nice for Mac users in particular.
All-in-all, there’s a lot on offer with Web PC Suite, and those that are looking for an easier way to transfer files and folders to and from their devices will enjoy this. There’s no need for any USB cables here, and you can easily view and playback content like photos and videos on your computer or laptop as well. It all comes together well, and it’s well worth trying out if you’re fed up of using USB cables so much.