Lucky Swipe is an Android game that offers players a mix of games like Candy Crush and casino classics like Bingo. Lucky Swipe is a match puzzle game that offers players exciting and memorable music along with gameplay elements from casino classics like Bingo, Roulette, Horse Racing, Blackjack and Mahjong with Yahtzee and Poker style levels coming soon. Fun for all the family, is Lucky Swipe really that much fun? Read on as we find out.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
Much like other games on Android, you’ll need to download Lucky Swipe from the Play Store. Once you’ve done that, you’re ready to play?
When you first start playing the game, you’ll be introduced into the game mechanics of the first few levels. It’s sort of like a mix of Candy Crush and Columns in my opinion. It’s good fun all round, either way and the mechanics are easy to learn.
You’ll notice that in the top-left corner of the display there’s a move counter. This is because you need to match the two balls without using more moves than you started the level with.
In this example, I’ve matched one of my Bingo balls, and have a small amount moves left to match the others. I’ll need to think about what I move to match the balls together, or with the same color casino emblems. Should you complete your levels with moves left, you’ll reach jackpot and chaos ensues, boosting your final score with a classic arcade matching of everything left.
At the end of each level, you’ll be given a rating out of three stars on how you did.
Over time, you will progress from level-to-level and make your way across the beach towards new lands. It’s a subtle and simple progression mechanic here, but it works, at least.
Things change up the further into these levels you get, like the introduction of the Horse Racing style levels which mix things up a bit.
Lucky Swipe is, for me, a game that’s bristling with charm. Sure, it’s not the most exciting title out there, and at first it can be a little confusing but it does something wonderful. It brings together casino style games with the addictive puzzle-matching that people have gone mad for since Candy Crush hit the scene. Plus, there’s a lot of nostalgia on offer here as well, the game reminds me a lot of Columns, and I spent hours playing that game when I was younger. The music is both catchy and charming as well, it does get a little repetitive, but that depends on how long you play for. After a while, the familiar soundtrack will keep you coming back for me, and the casino style mechanics change up steadily which is nice, and nothing is too difficult so this is a game for all sorts of players, too.
- Speed (4/5) – Lucky Swipe is a fairly speedy game and it ran fine on my devices.
- Features (4/5) – This is a game packed full of mechanics and at its heart there’s an accessible puzzle-matching mechanic along with some fun casino add-ins.
- Theme (4/5) – With some fun visuals and a very catchy soundtrack, there’s a lot of charm on offer here and it all comes together quite nicely.
- Overall (4/5) – Lucky Swipe is a solid, fun, and entertaining game that is packed with charm and it’s a good, accessible playing game and I’m sure that it’ll appeal to all ages.
- Nice mix of oldschool arcade puzzle games and casino classics to add in some thought to the whole matching thing.
- Move counter makes the game a little more challenging, and I’d rather see a move counter rather than a timer to make things a little more difficult.
- Accessible to those of all ages without being too easy or too difficult.
- Catchy theme tunes and fun soundtrack make Lucky Swipe good fun.
- Some players might thing that the game gives them too many moves to play through.
- Bingo mechanic feels a little like it drags on in the first few levels.
Overall, Lucky Swipe is a game that I can see players of all ages picking up and having fun with. It plays like the original Columns did, but with some interesting casino mechanics along with a move counter to make things less crazy and chaotic. With a great soundtrack and some fun visuals, there’s a lot to love here, and I’m sure many users will find something to enjoy here.