Shoot Dinosaur Eggs is an Android game that hopes to rekindle the fun of playing classic games like Puzzle Bobble as a child. Speaking of children, this is a game that’s easy to get into and features colorful graphics that would suit any young gamer. There are 500+ puzzle levels in Shoot Dinosaur Eggs and while the game starts off nice and easy, it soon gets more and more difficult. This is a classic arcade game that’s designed to appeal to casual gamers and those looking for some nostalgia as well. Does it fulfill those aims? Read on to see what we thought.
As with most games on Android, it’s a good idea to start with downloading it from the Play Store. Then, you’ll be thrown into a new game.
Controlling the game is pretty easy, all you need to do is to touch in the direction you want the egg to be fired. You can see which color is about to be launched before you tap. The aim is to match colors to knock them off of the plank at the top.
You can see which level you’re on in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Things do start off really easy, but the levels do start to come with more difficult patterns to figure out the best way to remove them all.
The game doesn’t give you much indication of how much longer you have left, or how many more eggs you have, but for some players that will be a welcome change of pace and allow them to just get on with the game they enjoy.
Some levels you can easily remove most of the eggs from the plank at the top of the playing area, but some times you might need to think a little quicker.
If you clear the level. you’ll be treated to a cute little dinosaur in celebration.
The opposite goes for when the eggs get past the dotted line and you fail to clear the level. Both of these are nice additions for little ones, and will make failing a level not so bad for kids.
There’s not a huge amount you can say about Shoot Dinosaur Eggs, after all it’s essentially a Puzzle Bobble game that will appeal to kids as well as casual gamers. There aren’t any special powerups or anything like that, and it’s basically the classic game that many of us knew and loved years ago. That’s not a bad thing of course, as those who have been looking for something nice and casual will find this really fun. It’s also nice to find a game that I can recommend to parents that isn’t some sort of educational title and isn’t frustrating. This is fun for all ages, make no mistake, but the colorful graphics and fun sound effects make this a game well-suited for kids.
- Speed (4/5) – Shoot Dinosaur Eggs runs great, and the pacing of the game is pretty speedy as well.
- Features (3.5/5) – There’s not a huge amount on offer in Shoot Dinosaur Eggs, which is a shame. However, for those looking for a classic game with no hassle, this won’t disappoint.
- Theme (4/5) – The cute Dinosaur and the fun sound effects will appeal to everyone, but these things are what make this an excellent game for kids.
- Overall (4/5) – It might not be anything original, but Shoot Dinosaur Eggs is easy, pick up and play fun. As long as you don’t expect much more than that, you’ll have a lot of fun with Shoot Dinosaur Eggs.
- Easy to pick up and play no matter where you are.
- Great game for kids thanks to the colorful graphics and fun sound effects.
- One of the few games that’s just fun to play, as in there are no goals to meet or anything like that, you just need to remove all the eggs.
- Nice piece of nostalgia for older gamers that remember the original Puzzle Bobble and want to play it again.
- Doesn’t add much more to the original formula.
- Main menu and level select screen would be nice to see.
All-in-all, Shoot Dinosaur Eggs is what it is; it’s a game that delivers a nostalgic wave of remembrance and offers an arcade experience to casual gamers. This is also a great game for kids, if you’re looking to give your little ones something fun to play that’s frustration-free and easy, then this won’t disappoint.