Tax Saver USA is an Android application that can help US residents keep a track record of their expenses and quickly and easily work out their deductible. All of this is done using approved IRS categories and put together by a team that know what they’re doing. Much more than a simple database, Tax Saver is a whole service that can help you stay within the law, keep your records up-to-date and even save more money than you thought possible. Tax Saver USA allows you to easily file an expense, input recent mileage as well as your time. There’s a running total of your deduction and you can run a report whenever you want to, making it easy to keep on top of your expenses. Read on to see how Tax Saver works in practice.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
To get started, you’ll need to download Tax Saver from the Play Store. Please be aware that this is an application for our US readers only, as this deals with US TAX law and the big, bad IRS.
One thing I didn’t quite like is that you had to grab a laptop or head on over to the website from your or tablet to sign up, this is a pretty big break in the flow of the app, but those using this will probably be used to spending a lot of time on a laptop or PC.
The sign-up process is fairly detailed though, so you know that nothing is going to be missed, which is nice. Once you’ve got this all set up, you’ll be given a short and sweet introduction on how to use the app.
The main aim of Tax Saver USA is to make it simple and easy to add in your expenses and that sort of thing. As such, those three options will always be the first things you see when opening the app. For more detailed options, you can slide out the menu from the left and choose from a number of different categories and such.
Your everyday usage for Tax Saver might be something like this; you’ve just paid a bill and you want to add it as an expense to Tax Saver, before you forget to. You’d choose expense from the main menu and then start to fill in the detailed, yet easy to figure out form.
There’s a massive list of pre-approved IRS categories included in Tax Saver for you to choose from, and the list really is quite expansive. For people like myself, there’s even a category for internet expenses and a sub-category for cloud storage and security. Below is just an example of the sort of expense that someone in my profession might need to file.
Of course, I’m lucky to have a job where I stay at home all day. Those on the move, say a salesman or private practitioner will have lots of mileage to file. Tax Saver can help here as well, and there are a number of options to choose from when filing a mileage expense.
The GPS tracker is an interesting feature as it’ll basically track your trip for you and take care of working out your mileage. After using the app for a while, you can also choose from your favorite trips as well. Making regular appointments easy to file.
When that time of year comes around, you can easily run reports from within the app and also search to see whether certain expenses and such are correct.
I know what it’s like to have to keep on top of expenses and such and while I hire an accountant to deal with a lot of that stuff for me, Tax Saver would make it so much easier for me to keep on top of my purchases and that sort of thing. Over the course of a year I might buy a number of things for my computer to help me do my job and I also have to pay for my internet charges as well. With Tax Saver, I can easily make a note of these using pre-approved categories and when the time comes I can either file myself online or hand this information over to an accountant to be doubly-sure. Tax Saver needs some extra polish as right now the app is a little clunky, and feels a little dated, but it does indeed tick all of the right boxes. All-in-all, I can see Tax Saver being a great help to a lot of people, especially those new to the world of having to take care of their own finances and over time, the app can only get better.
- Speed (4/5) – Tax Saver runs nice and quickly and I never came across any problems or anything like that.
- Features (4/5) – For those looking for a quick and simple way to file their expenses and make sure they report the right mileage and such, Tax Saver is a solid app to keep on top of things.
- Theme (3.5/5) – While easy to use, Tax Saver looks and feels like it was built using older Android guidelines and it could do with a fresh coat of paint, especially as many apps change to a Material Design look and feel.
- Overall (4/5) – A simple, to the point and IRS-approved way of keeping on top of your tax return, Tax Saver is certainly worth taking a look at and over time you might wonder how you ever coped without it.
- Easy to get to grips with thanks to easy field inputs and three quick inputs on the main page.
- Categories are IRS approved and will make filing your own tax return much easier.
- GPS trackers makes it easy for those leading a busy work life to track their mileage and make sure they’re not missing out on money owed.
- Works well on tablets, smartphones or your PC and Laptop, making it easy to file expenses wherever you are.
- Sign-up option within the app would make much more sense.
- App itself does feel a little dated and could do with a fresh coat of paint.
While Tax Saver USA might not be the one app you’ve been looking for to take care of your Tax return, it goes a long way to making it all much easier. With Tax Saver, you can quite happily file expenses and mileage using IRS-approved categories and even if you still want to use an accountant to take care of things, this neat app will make the whole process much easier. For someone like myself, TaxSaver is going to make it much easier to file my expenses and keep on top of things. I despise paper around my desk with a passion and as such, I can digitize things with Tax Saver and get rid of the litter while also keeping my files up-to-date as well.