Simplo is an icon pack from the accomplished GSeth, whom you might know from icon packs like Vion and Ruggy. Simplo is his latest work and has been 7 months in the making. With 2,700+ icons and 90+ wallpapers, Simplo is a fun, light-hearted icon pack to bring a touch of fun to your homescreens. There’s Muzei wallpaper support as well as an easy way to request missing icons, too. As we’ve come to expect from GSeth, Simplo is a complete icon pack with a unique theme. This time around, things have been taken in a slightly new direction. Read on to see what we think of this latest pack.
As with all icon packs on Android, you just need to download Simplo from the Play Store and open up the included app. From here, your first step will be to apply the icon pack to your launcher of choice. The app is really helpful and it seems to have been upgraded with a material design since the last icon pack I spent time with.
I use Aviate these days, and I was happy to see that show up in the Simplo app. From there, all I had to do was hit the button and it was all taken care of for me. Once done, I took a look at the apps in Aviate and I noticed right away that Simplo bought some much needed color to my homescreen.
The vast majority of my apps had a nice icon from Simplo to go with it, and if they didn’t they had a good icon mask behind them to help them blend in.
Of course, if your icon isn’t there, you can just quickly select the apps and send off an icon request, with the developer working hard to provide an icon for all popular apps.
There’s also over 90 different wallpapers that you can choose from and apply from the cloud. You just need to wait a few moments while they download and then apply them to your homescreen.
With the wallpapers, you can create some really nice homescreen looks based around Simplo.
There are some excellent icons here in the Simplo pack, and with over 2.700 of them available, it’s nice and easy to make the most of this fun, lighthearted icon theme. With almost 100 wallpapers, which are quite varied in their appearance, Simplo is a really nice complete theme for whichever device you’re looking to complement. The rounded look is combined with flat, yet stylized icons that are almost playful in their appearance and they’re very casual as well. For those users looking to move away from the cold look of most device skins, Simplo will bring a smile to your face. I was impressed with the amount of icons on offer, and I’m sure many will enjoy playing around with the icons and wallpapers to find a good match.
- Speed (4/5) – The app is quick here, and it doesn’t take long at all to get the icon pack applied to your homescreen, no matter which launcher you’re using.
- Features (4/5) – With 2,700+ icons available, 90+ wallpapers and a quality dashaboard app that makes it easy to look at icons and wallpapers, Simplo is packed full of goodness.
- Theme (5/5) – This is a nice change from previous packs from GSeth I’ve looked at. This is fun, playful and lighthearted. I still know which app is which on my homescreen of course, but now it’s a little more fun looking at them all.
- Overall (4/5) – An excellent theme and icon pack that should appeal to many users, Simplo is really something to look forward to and it’s well worth trying out.
- With over 2,700 icons included it’s difficult to find an app on your phone that doesn’t have an available icon for it.
- The dashboard app is slick, smooth and easy to use. You can apply the icons right from there, too.
- The 90+ wallpapers all go well with the icons and they’re of high quality, too.
- If, for whatever reason, an app of yours isn’t covered, you can always request an icon for it from within the app nice and easily.
- Might be a little too playful for some users, but everyone is different.
- Matching widgets would be nice although these are in the works.
As usual, GSeth has another excellent icon pack on his hands and this is one that will appeal to those looking for a lighter approach to icon design. These are certainly detailed, but they’re nowhere near as serious as other packs out there. They’re lighthearted and playful, without going too far in that direction. Very recognizable and crisp, Simplo is an icon pack that will spruce up your device. Not only that, but the wallpapers are good enough to stand on their own, of course they do look much better when used with the icons.