Description: As you’ve probably guessed from the app’s title, as well as the image above, Fast Clean is an Android app designed to help you take back storage space from your device as well keep your Android phone ticking along nicely. Fast Clean does this by cleaning out your cache files, presenting you with an easy to remove apps, a slick representation of your storage space used on your device and yes, the obligatory task killer. It’s designed to be slick, fast and easy to use. Read on to see what we made of it.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
How it Works: To get Fast Cleaner to work on your device, you’ll need to download the app from the Play Store. Then you can just launch it like any other app.
There are a few choices you have here, touching the RAM picture will clear your running apps, the temp gauge will give you a look at your CPU, while the storage and junk files choices will clear up space on your device. The app manager is a little more involved and you can choose which apps you want to uninstall as pictured below.
The Junk files part of the app managed to find a few gigabytes of data I didn’t need any more on my device, and I selected files I wanted to get rid of and ended up getting back 2.0GB of free space.
The storage part of the app gives you a good look at what’s using up space on your device.
There a number of settings you can tweak, including the removal of the persistent notification, too.
And of course, there’s the rocket option, too. When you press the rocket on the main screen, your cache files will be deleted and cleaned in an instant.
Opinion: I’ve reviewed a good number of these apps before, and it seems to me that while they all offer the same sort of features, they differ in how they look and how they perform those similar tasks. Fast Clean is a slick app, there’s no denying that and it ticks all of the right boxes, and it helped me free up some space as well as uninstall some apps with little to no hassle. I liked the fact that it used my large 5.2-inch display quite well and even though there’s nothing revolutionary here, I found Fast Clean was at least responsible. Meaning that there was never an automated culling of my running apps and nothing was ever deleted without me knowing what it was. In this regard, Fast Clean is an app that’s easily recommended to everyone as it’s easy to use and informs the user of what they’re doing.
- Speed (5/5) – This is a quick app, and it doesn’t take long to clear out the cache (you can just hit the rocket for that) and everything else is quick to run, too.
- Features (4/5) – It’s the usual suspects here, but they all look the part and they all do what they promise to, with little fanfare – it just works.
- Theme (4/5) – The UI here is good, it’s slick and smooth as well as being easy to use.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid option for cleaning out unwanted files and freeing up space on your Android device, Fast Clean lives up to its name and it’s a joy to use.
- Cleaning the cache on your device is as easy as hitting the rocket and watching it fly away.
- Good-looking app is easy to use, and every time you do something, you’re informed of what it means, hopefully resulting in less meaningful files being deleted.
- App manager makes it much easier to uninstall more than one app at a time, without the need to be rooted like Titanium Backup.
- Completely free to use with a lot of value on offer.
- You can turn the notification off, but by default it’s always there, and it can get annoying.
- The RAM cleaning side of the app basically kills all your running apps, rather than something more advanced.
Conclusion: All-in-all, this is an excellent option that I can see a lot of users getting a lot of value out of. It’s easy on the eye, easy to use and best of all – it’s absolutely free. I don’t like RAM cleaners in general, as all they do is kill all your running apps, but the other features here are really quite handy and I know I gained some space that I didn’t realize was being taken up by apps. Speaking of which, uninstalling apps is my favorite feature here as it’s a real time saver. Overall, a good app that does what it says it does.