Description: Empire: Four Kingdoms is a strategy game for Android that aims to give you not only a great experience while playing on your own, but online as well. It’s set in the middle-ages and there are already over 15 Million players playing online right now, all looking to make money off of their citizens and defend their Castles just like you will when playing Empire: Four Kingdoms. It’s not just about battles with Empire: Four Kingdoms as you need to build a stable economy and make sure your Citizens are paying their taxes, and happy about it, too. For fans of strategy games, Empire: Four Kingdoms might be just what you’ve been looking for. Read on to see if it is.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
How it Works: As we’re talking about an Android game here, it’s best to start by downloading Empire: Four Kingdoms from the Play Store. Then you go ahead and get started.
Once the game gets started, you’ll be placed into the tutorial of the game, which will teach you what to do and why.
After a short while, you’ll have a Castle that’s beginning to look like a formidable force, and while things start off slowly, they do pick up.
When you complete a quest, you’re given a reward for it, and you’ll also have unlocked new defenses and often weaponry, of which there are hundreds of different types to unlock in Empire: Four Kingdoms.
Each time you finish something you’re given XP as you can see above. When you Level UP, you gain access to new things as well.
When playing, you’ll see your XP bar and you can manipulate certain parts of your castle as well.
After a short while, you’ll have a Castle that is on its way to growing ever larger.
Opinion: I’ve played these sorts of games a number of times before and while some of them seem to get the balance of strategy and looks wrong, it seems like Empire: Four Kingdoms does a good job overall. The game looks good (I tested it with a Nexus 9) and the strategy is nice and accessible for new players, but it also goes deep enough for those that are looking for a good challenge. There’s a whole lot of different weapons and defenses that you can set up and you can easily go and attack someone else’s Castle using the online multiplayer, something that really fits for a game set in the middle-ages. I wish that the tutorial wasn’t as long as it is, but at least it’s comprehensive. As a kid, I always wanted my own Castle, and while Empire: Four Kingdoms won’t be for everyone, I sort of have that Castle now.
- Speed (4/5) – Empire: Four Kingdoms ran great for me and I didn’t have any issues with it on my Nexus 9.
- Features (5/5) – This is a comprehensive strategy game, it’s full of military tasks as well as those geared towards building something to be proud of.
- Theme (4/5) – These are some good-looking graphics and while it’s not the best-looking strategy game out there, it comes close in a number of areas.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid strategy game that is both a breath of fresh air and a comprehensive option for strategists, Empire: Four Kingdoms is well worth taking a look at.
- Works well on tablets thanks to the high-quality graphics.
- Online mulitplayer is worked into the game quite nicely.
- Combines pure strategy with building, allowing a number of different players to get into the game.
- Hundreds and hundreds of different defenses, buildings and weapons to experiment with.
- Tutorial does take a very long time.
- Does take some time to really pick up in pace, but it can be worth it.
Conclusion: Empire: Four Kingdoms is a nice blend of building your own Empire to show off to friends, and also a miltary strategy game to conquer others online. The balance is pretty much spot on thanks to buildings and defenses blending into one and while I wish that the tutorial was a little quicker, it does do a good job of preparing you for the whole game. The multiplayer is good, there’s a lot to do and this is certainly something that will keep you playing for a long time to come. Add in the fact that it’s completely free and you have a real winner on your hands.