Description: Cats Revenge is a game for Android that looks and feels much like the classic Angry Birds does however, it brings with a whole range of powers for each different Cat and this time around you’re attacking Birds instead of Pigs. A fun game aimed at all the family, Cats Revenge features 5 different cats, 2 different worlds, levels added every month and more. These sort of games might have been done before, but with there always being room for more out there, how does Cats Revenge shape up? Take a look at the trailer below for a taste, and keep reading to see what we thought.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
How it Works: You’ll first need to download Cats Revenge from the Play Store, and then you can help them get their revenge.
You can choose to connect to Facebook, or you can go ahead and choose one of the first levels to play through.
When you first start playing, you’ll be given a quick introduction on just how to play the game.
Right away, you get the feeling that this is a very familiar game to Angry Birds, complete with catapult and all.
All you need to do is to launch the Cats from the catapult into the trees to take out the Birds, which sounds nice and easy, which it is at first.
However after a little while, you’ll need to use all the different powers that the Cats have at their disposable. Like, for instance, the super-fast ball that spins through the trees or the Helicopter cat that needs a little more precision to be effective.
At the end of each level, you’re given a rating as well as a score that you can try to beat. There are new levels that are added each month, as well.
Opinion: Cats Revenge is a game that I feel like I’ve played before, and I probably have, in countless playthroughs of Angry Birds games. That’s not to say that Cats Revenge isn’t a fun little game, I can see it being a lot of fun for the younger players and those that really like the rhythm and playstyle of the Angry Birds games then this is a great way of simply playing more of it with a new twist on some of things. The five different cats all have different abilities and there’s a lot of different levels already available here, with even more being added each and every month, which makes this a versatile game that should continue to get better and better. For younger players, there are some cool effects here and I can see this being a nice alternative to Angry Birds when aiming at pigs gets boring.
- Speed (4/5) – Cats Revenge runs nice and quickly and there’s nothing here that slows anything down too much, at all.
- Features (4/5) – This might be a fairly similar game to all other Angry Birds titles out there, but it’s still good fun and I can this appealing to families quite nicely.
- Theme (4/5) – With some decent animations and a nice use of color, there’s a good deal going on here and it all looks fairly nice.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid game that might not really be anything new, Cats Revenge works wonderfully as a title that the whole family can get behind.
- Works well on tablets as well as it does on smartphones.
- The five different cats each have something different to offer players and can help them experiment with different styles of play.
- Cats Revenge is a good option for fans of Angry Birds that just want something a little different to play without a whole new experience getting in the way.
- Easy controls for younger players to happily get to grips with.
- Does feel very familiar to a number of other games available already.
- Input can feel a tad clunky when trying to adjust the angles and such.
Conclusion: Cats Revenge is something that I can’t really recommend to everyone, but I can recommend to those that love Angry Birds games and just want to play through something different. The graphics are good, the sound effects are fun and the different power-ups and moves that the five cats show off are all really quite nice, too. A solid game that might not be entirely original, there’s not much to complain about here and it’s certainly more fun for the little ones.